Mental Health and Wellbeing during Coronavirus crisis
Click here to view information about a new 24/7 helpline offering immediate advice, support and signposting for people with mental health difficulties.
- If you are worried about your own mental health and wellbeing call Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust 24/7 helpline on 0808 196 3494
- The NHS’s top 5 tips can help you maintain mental wellbeing during the Coronavirus outbreak. For more tips and advice time visit www.everymindmatters.co.uk
- If you’re a child, parent or carer and looking for mental health support of someone aged 0 -25 visit www.justonenorfolk.nhs.uk/mentalhealth. You don’t need a referral, you can get in touch straight away for advice and support
Advice from MIND
Mind have information on the Coronavirus and your wellbeing on their website giving advice on how to manage in these extraordinary times. Topics include practical advice on social distancing and self-isolation as well as information on how to take care of your own mental health and wellbeing.
If you would like to visit their site, please click on the link here.
Kooth is an online counselling service for 11 – 25 yr olds in Norfolk & Waveney which offers:
- A free, confidential, anonymous and safe way to receive support online.
- Out of hours’ availability. Counsellors are available from 12noon to 10pm on weekdays and 6pm to 10 pm at weekends, every day of the year on a drop in basis.
- Online Counselling from a professional team of BACP qualified counsellors is available via 1-1 chat sessions or messaging on a drop in basis or via booked sessions.
- Discussion Boards which are all pre-moderated allow young people to access peer to peer support.
- Online Magazine full of moderated articles many of which are submitted by young people offering advice and guidance on a huge range of topics.
- No referral required. Young people can register for Kooth independently at www.kooth.com
- JustOneNorfolk – Mental Health advice and support for 0-25 year olds in Norfolk & Waveney
- Top Tips for Parents who have an anxious child
- Making SENSE of COVID-19
- Guide to living with worry & anxiety amidst global uncertainty
- Free wellbeing telephone/video call for anyone over 16yrs with Cup-O-T: Wellness and Therapy Services
- Suicide Prevention and Advice Leaflet
- Self Care Strategies – The Anna Freud Centre
- Pathways for Mental Health and Wellbeing support